DeNA Studios Canada is looking for highly talented professionals to provide metrics analysis in the data-driven interation process for mobile social game design and its live operation in the roles of Junior and Senior Games Analysts. The key success factor for our social games is in how deeply we analyze the user’s gameplay behaviour and then quickly implement our findings into actual game features.
DeNA Studios Canada is an exciting and new game development company in Vancouver, B.C. We are focused on creating new games for smartphones that will operate as part of our proprietary Mobage social gaming network. DeNA, is one of the most successful and profitable mobile social game companies with over $1B in revenue. (http://dena.jp/intl/)
DeNA Studios Canada is a company that believes in “fast collaboration.” We do things quickly and intelligently, and we expect everyone to make and execute good decisions quickly without a burdensome approval process. Everyone here is simultaneously independent and collaborative. Confidence, with the wisdom to know when to validate your ideas with your peers, is the norm.
- Work autonomously to extract and convert data using HiveQL, SQL and Linux, based on direction from Senior Analysts.
- Refine, iterate, and improve the core gameplay cycle in a new game throughout the parameter design process.
- Upon launching the game, 1) monitor KPI metrics, 2) find the challenges to improve user retention and monetization activities, 3) define hypothesis to solve the issues , 4) deliver analysis on user behavior and its co-relations by manipulating large scales of log data in the hadoop server, 5) propose and execute solutions with the Senior Analyst and Product Managers; tweak game design and/or optimizing parameters, 6) continue on-going efforts on these PDCA (plan–do–check–act) cycle. Create competitive game structures, be keen to analyze best practices in the market and share the findings with our global teams.
- Communicate well and work cross functionally across all teams including overseas counterparts
- A minimum 2-3 Years’ experience with Linux, in particular being able to write command line scripts.
- A minimum 2-3 Years’ experience with SQL. (for juniors this can include school and internships)
- The capability to successfully extract and convert data using SQL and Linux.(MUST HAVE)
- Really enjoy playing games but also have a passion for data and a desire to understand how to transform information in to game mechanics, towards player retention.
- Smart, logical, and good at examining the problem deeply and thoroughly until reaching its root cause.
- Self-starter, quick to act, and a great team player.
- Ability to develop smooth working relationships with excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Energetic mindset to tackle challenges in the rapidly changing business environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or business experience in IT